bLoG dESCRIPTION

hopefully, this blog can encourage u, inspire u, enlighten u, empower u, all in the purpose of deepening your walk with God. (and sometimes also to vent my frustrations and thoughts.. so do bear with me)

January 20, 2010

Academy Of Rock

so i finally signed up for singing school yesterday with elisa at the Academy Of Rock and it was so difficult. my teacher's voice  is awesome and she apparently smokes somemore.so skillful! it was the first time i had to sing a secular song in front of someone assessing my vocal capabilities and it was so much harder than singing gospel songs. i learned mouth shapes, volume control and even how wide my mouth should be opened when i sing. really good class. o and the song that she chose for me was 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz. he is simply awesome.at first my pitch was all over the place then after hearing the intro over and over again, i got it. lol even the teacher was like 'okay listen again ah.'i never felt so noob before

but all in the name of improving so i can focus on the Spirit more instead of my voice capabilites when i worship lead.  so hopefully by the end of this whole course i can worry abt my voice a little less, especially after sunday! ahhhhhhh! o well not important. hopefully me going in a different key during the song 'till i see you' didnt distract anyone from worshipping. if i did im so sorry. im trying my best to improve. see! i signed up for singing classes already.so bear with me... haha   

p.s i just realised my punctuation sucks when i type. commas all over the place. maybe i should have a joke of the day. im so bored anyway.

1 comment: