bLoG dESCRIPTION

hopefully, this blog can encourage u, inspire u, enlighten u, empower u, all in the purpose of deepening your walk with God. (and sometimes also to vent my frustrations and thoughts.. so do bear with me)

March 22, 2010

the power of God and the prompting of the Holy Spirit

this is an experience i had at my old church last week when my dad went there to preach to the youth abt the Holy Spirit. ill make it short and sweet, hopefully.
the first happening was when my father gave the altar call. the youth was small thus they only had one guitar player on duty that night. so when the altar call came, i guess it wasnt part of their practice to know when to go up and help provide some music background so as to provide them at least a song for the youth to sing and identify with the message.

i was at the back, praying and asking God to just do his work powerfully in that small hall. that was when it came to me, why no music? cuz im so used to having songs to sing after a sermon in order for me to respond in heart and song as well. the youth pastor was standing next to me, and then it came. the prompting. i have never been able to play the guitar well in my life. u can ask anyone. i just try...and usually only i think its pleasant. but at that moment i just turned to the pastor and said, hey can i play the guitar? i went in front,. took the guitar and then came the human moment,

what in the world was i thinking, i cant lead worship with a guitar, i'm not even supposed to be standing in front of them. but i knew in my heart God told me to pick up that guitar. so i prayed for a song. and my most impromptu song came to me, Rain Down. and then i started playing, and singing and my heart was so encouraged when they all started to sing. Some were tearing and crying out to God, some were just in reverence of who they were giving praise to and at that moment, i truly felt what it meant to be really used by God as a mere vessel and nothing else. it was simply awesome to see how God had moved in that place. and then i started to play all the G D Em C songs i knew as the Spirit led me, it was awesome to be used and led solely by the presence of God and the prompting of His Holy Spirit.

my dad and i then started to pray individually for each of them and it was the first time i laid hands and prayed my heart out for someone i barely knew. i couldnt have done it by myself and i knew that God was the one giving me the words to say, the courage to even speak.what happened next was by far, one of the most amazing things i've experienced myself and heard from someone.

my dad told me that he'll pray for one more and then we'll leave. i had already prayed for whoever God told me to pray for. so i just waited for my dad to end. as my dad ended and signalled for me to follow him out of the hall. i got the same prompting again. from the same voice, and i told my dad i gotta pray for one more person. the worship leader. can? and he was like okay take your time. so i went to the worship leader and prayed for her. shared with her what it meant to me to be a worship leader etc etc. after i was done, i was ready to go and she pulled me back and asked if she could pray for me also. i was taken aback for a moment but agreed of course. her prayer for me was as if God was telling me he knew exactly wad was going on in my life,. the choices and decisions i have made and the first two sentences that she prayed, really hit home, and that shook me because i barely knew this girl. i just nodded in agreement and affirmed what she had prayed and was blessed by her words and her anointing as a worship leader and as a prayer warrior.

afterwards, she shared with me that she felt God had actually told her to pray for me when my dad and i first entered the hall. she was struggling with God on the basis that she didnt even know me and that she didnt have the guts to pray for someone like that. it was smth she had nv done before. but she finally relented towards the will of God but conditioned that she would only pray for me if i prayed for her first.and when she saw me about to leave then turning back and walking towards her, she knew God had taken up her challenge. i have never met the girl, didnt speak to her before the service, so when she told me the 'deal' she had made with God on whether to pray for me or not, it struck me.

when God needs people to do His work, He doesnt look for the know- it- alls or worse, the ' want-to-know-it-alls', he looks for the obedient. and that was exactly it. it was a pretty good example and i saw and experienced first hand one of the ways in which God works. it felt awesome to be a part of his work. an honor. God is so real. His Holy Spirit is so real. i thank God for everything He has done for me. I'm now more hungry to be involved in the work for His Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment